View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 04:06 AM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile Confused steroids/anti-inflammatories

Hi all, I confused, I am taking dex to supposedly help swelling with tumuors, so it would be considered an anti-inflammatory, now the anti-inflammatories, Brufen I know thins the blood, so the fact that the blood is thinner is that a good thing or a bad thing when it comes to feeding the big C? At the moment I am only on 1x4 dex which as far as I am concerned is 1 too many, but at the same time my GP says the steroids are to make me feel a bit better as well, problem is taking the morphine as well sends mixed signals to my body, so I don't have much energy for long anyway, at it seems the only time I am functioning is when the Morphine is kicking in, and it is only 20mg x 2 daily, but when I stopped the Brufen in hospital when I was supposed looking at surgery, on the Friday I had about 2 tumours with that MRI, but by Tuesday I had another 3, so is it the Brufen being stopped increased the growth or just a coincidence, if it stops the growth I will eat them like lollies if I have to. The problem is I have so much going on with all the other Rare diseases I have had bestow on my that the numbness and atrophy in my face is from all of that and not from RADIATION!!! I have to keep telling them, actually screaming at them "listen to me finish, it is not from the RADIATION, it was there before RADIATION" then they get upset because I have to scream at them because they keep insisting on talking over the top of me and blaming the radiation" how on earth does the poor placid C victim survive out there with such arrogant doctors and oncologists, I know they don't without our help, and yep, as the song goes "I'm Still Standing" and I'm in no hurry to lay down and cop it on the chin, there are still too many unanswered issues, and most probably a few more rare diseased I haven't presented with symptoms for yet, so if anyone can enlighten me on the thin blood thing I would appreciate. I know when I had Taxol to the neck area I heated up with a hot watter bottle so the chemo would go straight there through the enlarged veins from the heat, I know that worked because I do have numbness there, peripheral neuoropathy, along with the trigiminal neuralgia, did I mention the nerve doc said I didn't have it, I argued with her, she said there is no pain I said of course, nerve blocker Neurontin, then she looked at my face and said you have Horner's Syndrome, no kidding I said caused by you guess it TRIGIMINAL NEURALIGA, I just said thank you, I diagnosed myself. Plus with my mixed connective tissue disorder one of which being Sclerderma, which causes, yep facial atrophy, and not RADIATION!!! So us HER2 are a unknown quantity and unpredictable, so my brain is functioning, not at 100% because I have to admit, until radiation starts I am like an expectant mother, but the good and bad thing is my bladder works well, but it is such a pain getting up and going, as soon as I drink it doesn't take long to go through me. Well talk to you all soon, I am still doing research, and to top it off the Auto transmission in my has just decided to pack it in just as I have a lot of miles to travel to radiation, and in between Easter and our Anzac day holiday it is hard to get anything done, but my darling god son, 30 has it under control for me, he and Ron are doing it on Wednesday and fingers crossed nothing goes wrong, because I don't want to do the distance in our other car, for one the air doesn't work and it is very long to get into, and when Ron drives it is a manual I get car sick, his mid life crises car, me I am a comfort reliabilty person.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote