View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #11
Patricia

I lost my hair around Halloween and it started to grow in January while I was still on Taxol. I finished the Taxol at the end of Feb and now am just on Herceptin. I had my 1st trim about 3 weeks ago and it is very short. As you can see from my photo I was raging redhead. My hair has come back sort of dirty blond with a little bit of red highlights. I miss the red, but I am so happy to have hair that it could have come back white and I would have been fine. I did wear a wig to work when I went back in Dec, but I never wore one outside of work. Living in San Francisco, people just thought I had an urban edge to me. A woman I met when my head was like a shiny bowling ball bald told me that. She made my day! I gave up the wig at work about a month ago. I was so happy to finally put it away. I hated the way I felt in it.

I got really inspired by a website i found when I first lost my hair. This woman gave me the courage to go out and about bald and feel proud! It was really hard for me to decide to wear a wig to work, but I decided that I didn't want anyone deciding for me what I could and could not handle. If I were to do it again, I think I would skip the wig completely.

http://www.baldisbeautiful.org/
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote