View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 02:53 PM   #5
Unregistered

Boy did your topic jump out and catch my attention! I am on my second full chemo...meaning the Herceptin, Taxotere & Carbpotin. The first time around I didn't notice being dizzy at all.

But this second time of my full chemo I was pretty dizzy/off balance the night of my chemo. I had went to bed and got up and had to be real carful as I felt I would almost fall. I didn't understand this since it did NOT happen the first time I did my chemo.

I had to go back to the infusion center the following day for my Neulasta shot so I asked my infusion nurse if being dizzy after this Herceptin or any chemo was normal? She said that she hasn't seen it herself. (I thought...oh great!)

Then the third day in a row I had a second opinion with another oncologist since I don't agree with my current one on some things. So I was still feeling dizzy the third day when I saw this new oncologist and I asked her if she knows of people getting dizzy after the herceptin or other chemo drugs. Again...just like my infusion nurse...she said no...that is NOT usual?

That really concerned me as you can imagine. Now I see YOUR post and now I know I am NOT the only one experiencing this. I had my chemo this last Monday and I do feel a LITTLE better today...but still have to be careful. But the first couple days it was very concerning to me as I did not want to fall. (Plus again...I didn't understand WHY it happened this time and NOT the first time?)

Now this is the sixth day since my chemo and it seems much better. Not as off balance and feel safer walking around. But its hard to explain...I still don't feel quite right balance wise. I am not sure if I could call it a TRUE dizzy as of today...but it was the first couple days.

Anyway...not sure if this helps...but your post helps me because I thought I was the ONLY one after my NEW oncologist and my infusion nurse BOTH told me they had not heard of this before.

I am really sorry to hear you are experiences this...as I know how it feels. But I am so glad you posted about it. I have had problems after herceptin with a crusty, and sometimes bloody nose when I blow it. But this dizzy thing was new to me.

But that being said...I had some serious problems with my first oncologist. Long story. Now he just up and switched me to chemo every three weeks verses the way we were doing it. Which was the Herceptin, Taxotere, & Carbpotin one week...the three weeks of JUST herceptin alone. Now he did this higher loading dose which I am NOT happy about. I was NOT complaining of coming in weekly...and I know its better to do the weekly herceptin. So why he changed me I don't know. So I THOUGHT since he has me coming back this time in three weeks...it was the larger dose of herceptin he gave me? I had no clue.

Are you guys getting weekly herceptin...or every three weeks? When I did the weekly the first time...I did not notice this problem.