View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 05:48 AM   #14
lisahammo

Very interesting to read your replies. I have always believed that my IVF treatment contributed to my BC. I did one stimulated round of IVF before my son was born 5 years ago. We then did another 3 stimulated when Mitchell was 2, and I was diagnosed when he was 2 1/2. All my doctors have been very careful with their wording, but each one has said that I was probably always destined to develop BC, however the IVF treatment probably brought in on much quicker. I know of another 3 women who have developed BC after IVF, and one who developed ovarian cancer.

In Aus, it has always bothered me that the only research has been done by the fertility clinics, and of course the results show that there is no link. I still don't understand why the clinics can't tell the patients to be more vigilant about their bodies, and to have regular mammograms.

I have often wondered thought that even if I had been told I had a 20% chance of developing BC after IVF treatment, I would have gone ahead anyway. Our son is the best thing that has ever happened to us, and I wouldn't give him back for anything.

Love Lisa
lisahammo is offline   Reply With Quote