View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
Gina

Back to Barbara

Hi, Barbara,

Good to be back on the same wave length with you too...just remember that even though I and others on this board use the tumor markers to help manage our cases...there is a chance that things can progress without the tumor markers being affected...this has never happened in my case...for me...someone who is ER-PR- and Her-2+++, the markers have always been and continue to be the first sign of trouble ahead.... That said, for those of us with her-2 who in general live in a world void of "CERTAINTY" about anything...the markers, at the very least..give us something to hold on to in the abyss...smile... Granted, it may not be the rope that leads us up and out through the top of the wishing well, but for the moment anyway, until we can find something better, it is the rope that keeps us from sinking any deeper...smile...or so we hope....sighhhh....

As an aside, I hope that both you and Mickey are keeping copies of all your tumor markers and other blood work and scans, etc. in your "binders" as in the future, what you learn is going to be valuable to us all...THANK you for rolling up your sleeve and giving your life blood to get those markers...you are the REAL heros in my uh...smile.."BINDER". And trust me...that is SAYING a lot...smile...smile...smile.... Never forget, each of us are our own mini- case studies...we can learn a whole lot more about her-2 by studying it inside a living system than any model will even be able to do. We are our own mini-labs..our own her-2 microcosms...and by adding to the general body of her-2 knowledge even in a small way..., we will not have suffered nor lived in vain. Finding meaning where we can in any of this is something that has personally been very difficult for me. Seeing what we do at the individual level in the bigger picture is the one thing that brings me the most comfort. Hopefully, it can, in some small way, bring you guys some well-earned peace as well.

Stay strong! Live LONG!
Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote