View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #11
madubois63

Red face

Jojo - I am getting triple dose based on my counts - not possible met's. My onc is very aggressive with me and does not feel that I should stop chemo - ever again. I had 4 1/2 years of remission without chemo before the relapse. This is a maintenance plan FOR ME. It may not be the best thing for someone else with IBC, but so far it's working for me. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) Sandy also has IBC, but it has stayed pretty local (not that any of this is easy/less scary or fun). My vital organs (lungs and liver) have already been invaded. We are trying to not let that happen again. I was getting this combo (Taxotere/carbo and Herceptin) every other week for 13 months until my counts dropped and hit a stand still. So - like a diet/exercise plateau - it's time to change the plan around a little. Stick with the same exercise - just move things a round a little. Does that make sense??? As this is a HER2 board, we all have an aggressive form of BC, but I have IBC that is HER2 - which is really the worst of the worst. I know this (chemo while being NED) seems a little harsh, but like many of you have said you would do what ever it takes to stay alive - that's what I am doing. Being me, being 42, being a single mom, being in relatively good health (except for BC) - maybe all these things make it easier for me to handle continuous chemo then someone else. I just don't know. Do any of us really know?? Thanks so much for the replies and concern. It's so nice to know I have friends that worry about me!!!

..·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote