View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 06:58 AM   #4
Unregistered

RondahH please please do not be too convinced by a one trial that fat intake does not impact on breast cancer (as well as general health).

Corn, soy, safflower, sunflower, grapeseed and many other seed oils are high in omega sixes. Omega sixes are the percusors of COX2, and other factors which link to breast cancer including upgrading HER2. The body needs a minimum but the problem is with the advent of mechanical extraction, the relatively low cost and our love of it it is every where. Check nearly any processed food and you will find one or other.

There are a host of trials at various level that suggest it does.

Most authors of health diet books beleive it does many of them citing the evidence by reference to trials.

There is a lot of science on the mechanisms of fats that suggest that they are likely to impact on factors that relate to breast cancer.

If you would like to read more there are lots of posts on this site try using the search engine (I used it for the first time last night and was mightily impressed) and looking at omega threes, omeg six flax seed etc.

I am just reading a book that links reduction in period breat pain and period pain to fat level intake.

I will try and find the trial that is being referred to to see what it says.

A potential probelm is that it is not simply the amount of fat but the type, and the sensitivity of the body to relatively small amounts of different types of fat. Also there is so much "hidden" fat both in natural foods, meats etc it that the point has been made in articles that it is very difficult to come to definative conclusions as against generalisations without do biopsies as to actual fat intake at the same time. (your fat is a mirror of what fat you have eaten)

RB