View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
Kim in CA

Brain MRI good, but markers on the rise

Well, I was very relieved to get the call today that my 3 month brain MRI(6 months out from Gamma Knife) is still showing NED, Yeah! But my darned tumor markers have been slowly creeping up since Oct., CA 15-3 now at 26.8. I finally had my Serum Her2 tested too and it is 14.9, almost at the cutoff for normal, which is 15. I am thankful that they are still at least in the normal range, but I find it hard not to obcess about this rising trend. Normal for me seems to be around the high teens.

It's always such a balancing act, trying to stay on top of things, but at the same time, not letting it consume me, to the point where I forget to live each day. I know this is one of the reasons that many docs don't like to do tumor markers regularly, because there is always a chance they could drop back down and then we've stressed out for nothing. Oh, I'm just rambling here, but I have really been trying to bone up on the current new therapies, for when "the time comes".

So, just needed a place to unload some worries, that hopefully won't materialize into anything, and I knew you would all understand.

Well, it's stopped raining so I will go out and clean my horses stall now. Picking up horse poop is always such a marvelous distraction for me.

Kim
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote