View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 04:25 AM   #1
RhondaH

Question Got a question...

As most of you know, I'm the "diet freak" of the group and eat a VERY strict diet. Yesterday I went to lunch with one of my coworkers and ate of course 1/2 a tuna sandwich, an apple AND for a "treat" (or at least I think it was) a bag of Baked Lays which as the bag states has 0 trans fats. While waiting for my friend I read the contents of the bag which as it stated has "corn oil". With all the news of low fat diets NOT reducing the rates of heart/cancer disease AND all of us knowing about Omega 3,6 and 9, what is YOUR opinion about corn oil, trans fat, heart/cancer risk, etc? I tried GOOGLING corn oil trans fat and got a little information and when I just GOOGLED corn oil, I only got corn producers/genetically modified growers (now THATS scary information). Just looking for input/opinions/information. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

PS...Here is the list of Ingredients: Dehydrated Potatoes, Modified Food Starch, Sugar, Corn Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Leavening (Monocalcium Phosphate and Sodium Bicarbonate), and Dextrose

Last edited by RhondaH; 02-17-2006 at 04:28 AM..
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote