View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
Chelee

I have only had my 1st chemo two weeks ago which was Herceptin, Carbo, Taxotere. Then the next week I had ONLY the Herceptin. (That was this last Tuesday.) I noticed that very night after the Herceptin I had almost a sinus headache and sounded a little stuffed up? Then after going to bed at night I woke up to potty and my nose was all stuffed up and when I went to blow it...it was all dried out and some blood. Not major blood...just the inside of the nose was all cracked and dried out.
Prior to the herceptin that day...I was fine. No sign of cold, or any sinus problems. So I find it interesting to read your post. I have a feeling it must be a side affect from the Herceptin. When I woke up that morning to potty I also sounded like I was going to get a good head cold. (Although I didn't.)
Now its three days after the Herceptin and its pretty much went away. Except for the right side of my nose is still sore and SO dried out. I don't dare touch it...hurts that much. So your not alone on this one. Thanks for sharing your post because I was wondering what caused this. However I really did feel it HAD to be the Herceptin. But other then that...I must say I haven't felt too bad...a little tired..but compared to my first week of chemo with all three meds...I was dusted then.
Oh yeah...I have had headaches that have come and gone. I am not prone to headaches...so that must be the herceptin too. Mine aren't too bad thank goodness...but I rather not have any if I had it my way. (I am sure you would agree.)
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote