View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
brittd01

Cool new lump and coughing

Hello everyone,

I am writing b/c my Mom is going to have a boipsy of a new lump in her breast that seems to have popped up over night.

Quick history: dx w/ Stage IV bc March 04 with liver and tiny lung mets. er/pr- her2nu++. Started taxol/carbo/herceptin for 9 months. All mets shrunk but did not go away totally. Progressed to one tiny met on T10 during summer while on herceptin alone last summer. Began navelbine/herceptin/zometa in Aug. November scans showed Ned in liver and the spine met was shrinking.

Around Christmas she began coughing that was in conjunction with pain in her back. As of the last two weeks, the pain in back has subsided and the cough has decreased a great deal. She went for her tx and saw her local onc yesterday and he told her that her Liver levels?? (not sure which test) have been high lately around 120 but as of yesterday they were back around 50, near normal according to him.

So now she's found this new lump in her right breast and is having it biopsied today. She's very upset b/c it looks like she might be progressing on Navelbine after having such great results at the start.

My question is, what chemos have been successful after navelbine has quit working? Can herceptin quit working?? She is just so tired and was really hoping that her scans at the end of this month were going to be great and she could take a break from chemo altogether. And they still might be okay. It's just that with this new lump and the coughing.....

We're both pretty down right now. Any words of wisdom?

Love,
Brittany
brittd01 is offline   Reply With Quote