View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 05:00 AM   #6
Unregistered

I am a man and non sufferer.

I have two I have had for years, but not symetric. One on the edge of the rib cage could have been the result of an impact injury, and a tiny one in the abdominal area. You would think you would notice them appearing but I didnt, so have no idea how long they took to appear or when.

The doctor says they are of no significance, and the advise is leave well alone. I have had them for years. One did start becoming sensitive but has no done so since I changed my diet, and I think they are smaller. After the time I have spent on this site I am much more concious about such things, and there is an element of cowadice / not wanting to know / avoiding the treatment machine, balanced by trust in my doctor / the result of my own observation.

If I had had previous contact with cancer I think I would want a biopsy just to know.

On the issue of adaptation we are wonderfully adaptable as a species, and have memories designed to forget/fog/grind off the harsh edges to an extent. If we could'nt forget I dont think we would survive, overcome and continue, but the price is loss of innocence, a sack of unanswerable questions, and a sense of sadness at the inevitablility of the human condition.

I think it is called wisdom, I just wish I could remember where I left it.

RB