View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 AM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Cool I'm still in the game

Hi all, I got my punch biopsy report, bearing in mind my ultra sound was clear and my MRI head neck and shoulder were all without disease, and of course my punch biopsy proved it didn't matter, Friday 13th here, I haven't had FISH yet but here goes, Prominent Dermal Lymphatic invasion by carcinoma morphologically consistent with breast cancer, I have been treating this breast since January last year, and my original BC in 1998 went from a small lump in the April to a full blown radical mastectomy in the July, a very agressive fast moving cancer, so I guess the Herceptin must have put the brakes on for this to be lingering and smouldering for so long. The drug trial I was looking at requires a solid tumour to treat so it can be gauged with treatment so I guess I won't fit into that category because on most paper work I am NED but not so for us old timers we know better, anyway I thought I would keep you all posted, and I am human I had a blubber when I got out of the docs office, sheer frustration more than anything, this is my 8th year of treatment I am due for a long long break from this game, but guess not. I will keep you posted.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote