View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #10
Yvonne38

Smile A BIG thank you to all who replied to my post

Hi
I would like to thank you all who have replied to my post. Your replies have been very comforting and encouraging to me because as I am sure everybody here in this group can relate to I am feeling very frightened and fragile right now.
I next see my oncologist on the 14th and I have decided that I will accept the treatment Herceptin because I feel very fortunate and blessed to be given the opportunity because over here in the UK it is seen as the 'postcode lottery drug' (depending where you live, depends on whether you are prescribed it!!) and there are a lot of women 'fighting' for the right to be prescribed it!!
Are there many people in this group who actually live in the UK??
I still feel really scared but 'not so alone' now that I have found this friendly and safe place to be. You are all an inspiration to me and I hope that like so many of you here, I also go on to prove the docs wrong in their prognosis. Like you say, we are all different so how can they say how long etc??
I know when I see the oncologist on the 14th there are questions I want to ask and would appreciate any others that you may be able to come up with.
I am very fortunate to have found you all and I don't feel so alone on this frightening journey.
I hope that I am able to be a source of support for you all here, just as I also find you all a massive strength/support to me.
Thank you again for all your advice.
Love and hugs
Yvonne
Yvonne38 is offline   Reply With Quote