View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 04:51 PM   #6
Daile

Wink Hello

Hi Yvonne,

Like you I too was diagnosed with BC in my early 30's. I have learnt though even though I am on the young side of developing BC, there really is no easy age to come to terms with or deal with the beast.

When I was first diagnosed my onc told me that it was highly likely that the cancer would return in a more aggressive form, if it was not already still present after then finishing chemo. My cancer was stage ll with high levels of the protein HER2.

My prognosies is '...no guarantees, just don't know.' At times I have felt quite abandoned and unsure as to what this means, but have come the conclusion that it doesn't really matter what the stats say as know one can really tell me which side of those stats i will be on.

Recently I decided to take up the opportunity to start the Herceptin drug. After being very sick with the chemo i was quite apprehensive about going back to that room for treatment. I have now had two Herceptin treatments and have been very pleased with the how i feel within myself. The only side effect is I get these funny skin bloches on my chest and back area that come up quite scarlett 24hrs after treatment then fade to almost skin area colour over the next three days. These bloches are not hot or itchy just odd.

In a couple of days i will have my third treatment which i am a little concerned with as i have just had B reconstuctive surgery a few days ago so don't like the idea of all those other drugs still in my body.

My personnal philosophy is that... many moments in time have past to create, develop and record for my playing enjoyment of beautiful memories. Today this moment I have, and with this moment I choose to create another special moment in time.

Every night I thank god for the day I have had, and in the morning I thank him for the brightness of a new day.

Wishing you many sunny bright days Yvonne.

Daile

Last edited by Daile; 10-31-2005 at 04:54 PM..
Daile is offline   Reply With Quote