View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
Cindi

Red face

Yvonne,

I sincerely HOPE that you will give Herceptin a try. I have been on Herceptin for about 4 years now and my heart function remains intact (I was age 40 when dx in 4/02). The runny nose is the only side effect that is noticeable (I just always mention to others when I reach a tissue, how my allergies are really acting up!).

Read the stories of so many of these women on this site. They will inspire you. Many women are living longer and longer with this disease. Many times the chemo you will receive can put you into long term remission. No one really knows, just the man upstairs. Remember you are unique, not a statistic to be lumped together in the bland statement of "2 to 5 years". There are soooo many new drugs in the pipeline that will help us all to "manage" this disease and soon to treat it as a chronic disease (like diabetes), if not cure it completely. Again, we have to have faith.

Hang in there. I am so happy that you came to this website. Herceptin is a wonderful drug option. Again, I HOPE that you will add it to your treatment regiment.

God Bless,
Cindi.
Cindi is offline   Reply With Quote