View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 11:59 AM   #9
Alice

Smile

Guest,
It sometimes is hard to get Dr's to change from thier standard of care such as node samples in your moms case. if you are concerned about anything though they should do what needs to be done to get the most accurate picture and therefore the most apropriate treatment.Sometimes it is difficult but dont ever be afraid to speak up and let them know when you have concerns or if you need more info than thier standard is providing.
I dont know what your moms diagnosis is but to let you know there are a lot of encouraging treatments out there.
I was diagnosed in april 05 with 4 tumors totaling 6.5cm not counting the auxillary and nodes under the arm that showed positive on MRI and pet scan.
Grade 3 stage 2? IDC er- pr- her2+++. I had 4 rounds AC 3 rounds carbo-taxol-herceptin before surgery. Had surgery on 10/7 waiting for the path report was the worst next to hearing the c word.anyway I didnt mean to drag this out so long as a note of encouragement my path report was clear of all cancer!!!!Now just waiting to see if any more chemo or radiation.
I hope your mom has as good results
Good luck, Alice
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote