View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 09:37 AM   #72
kathy

I'm also on the BCIRG 006. I see my oncologist in November again, so I'll bring it up again. Maybe by then there will be more answers.

Every time I see the MD I have CBC, complete metabolic workup and CA27.29 done.

I had gotten burns from the inside out from the Taxotere. I did not have the port put in originally because my veins were so good. Not anymore though! They are filled with scar tissue. I have a scar about 3 inches long buy 1 1/2 inches. It had been all blistered like I said from the inside out. The first time I received the drug I had 5 out of the 6 nurses working on me while the 6 got my oncologist. The gave me some type of drug for anaphylactic something or other. It burned so bad in the vagina area. My nurse said it was nic named the jalapeno douch! Really felt that way too! So the next time they gave it to me they ran it in piggy back with normal saline and really slow, that's when I got the big scar. My oncologist wanted to stop my chemo treatments, worried I might die. My nurse convinced them to put a thing into my arm running into my heart. Not the normal port. They then ran my Taxotere over a 5 hour period. The chemo lab became my home away from home.

That's all behind me now. But if the drug Heceptin would decrease my chances of reoccurence I'd go for it.

Kathy