View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #64
Judy58

Hi, I just joined your group, I had a lump removed, I am HER2 - Est-Neg. and the cancer was in one node. I had 8 treatments of AC/Taxol every two weeks and then 33 treatments of rads. I found out last July. I finished up in April of this yr. and said YES I made it. I was ready to have my port taken out. My doctor, then gave me the news that Herceptin was now available for Her2 patients. He said that I could take the treatments every three weeks for a yr. It was my choice. He was impressed with the trials.

Boy what a decision to make, damn if you do and damned if you don't. I was really on the fence. I did all the research and talk to a number of people and decided to go ahead and take the treatment.

Last Tues I had a test to check the condition of my heart, and I started the treatment the next day. I did ok, I just had flu like symptons, they were gone the next day.

I would like to know if anyone out there has started the treatment to prevent the cancer from coming back. Let me know------Judy from Md.