View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #13
MGordon

Tom -

Thanks for saying what all of us men should express to these wonderful women. Everytime I feel swamped, or if my boss tells me I have too much on my plate, I take one look at Lisa or visit this website and "No I don't - this is easy - that is tough".

Every week I see the physical/emotional/mental toll this disease, and the treatment of this disease, exacts on my love or the read the courageous posts on this site and I am in awe of the strength and willpower. I see Lisa feel weak and I feel helpless, but then I am absolutely floored by her strength to move onward and upward - pick herself up, dust herself off, and find someone she can help.

Inner resolve? Yes. Super-human strength? I'd say so! Divine intervention? Perhaps. Awe-insiping? Absolutely!

Lisa - thanks for helping me to learn the meaning of caring and strength. Christine and Joe - thanks for being sterling examples of "love your neighbor as you love yourself". To every "poster" and "lurker" browsing this website - God bless your strength and resolve! I pray that I would be as caring and loving if I were facing what you all face everyday.

Love and Light
Mel (spouse of Lisa)
MGordon is offline   Reply With Quote