View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #10
*_TriciaK_*

Tom and Cathy and all of you: Wow, what can I say? Your posts not only brought me to tears but to sobs! I have a son like you, Tom, older and with 6 children and 11 grandchildren of his own now, but just as loving and caring and prayerful. I have a duaughter like that too and also some wonderful step children. I know how blessed your mother feels because I know how blessed I feel. The love you are showing her has great healing power, not only physically but spiritually and emotionally. And Cathy, what a wonderful poem you sent! I am going to print this whole thread off and share it with my husband and children. thank you so very much!! By the way, yesterday I read a small book a friend gave me, called "The Tattered Angel", by Blaine Yorgenson. It is the story of a little girl born without a brain, only a brain stem, who Blaine and his wife Kathy adopted. It is absolutely incredible, and will give you a whole new concept of the human spirit. this child was never supposed to feel or show emotion or have any senses of any kind, or even feel pain, just be a vegetable. She was only supposed to live a few months. She lived nearly 8 years and deeply touched the lives of everyone who came into her presence because her spirit was so powerful. Find it if you can and read it! Love, Tricia