Thread: Double Whammy!!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 10:54 AM   #11
JoJo

For the life of me, I cannot remember when my headaches have become more frequent & more intense --- before or after my Portland, OR trip. You see, we had an ice storm there during my visit. I was walking to my rental car, of course, very slowly, and I had to go, anyways -- the ice skating competition was still on. As soon as I took the last step and finally grabbed the doorhandle, my shoes slipped right under me without my predicting the fall at all. It was a pretty nasty fall that my head was hit twice and my tailbone took a whamp once on the ground. Then there on I have been having a lot of headaches. So, I cannot help but wonder if the fall would attritute to my brain met growth. I just wonder how the whole left cerrebellum got swollen??? From the fall, or from the pressure by the bigger tumor??

Quite a somber mood this week, especially the fact that I have to focus on packing for my Hawaii vacation AND organizing my birthday party in the same weekend. Hopefully, I will feel better by the time we return home in 2 weeks and that will ride over until the Prez weekend, where we will have my birthday party. Quite a bit of contradictory <sp?> feelings....

And not to mention how Decradon is making me feel kinda weird, a slight upset stomach and my mind tends to wander off just a little bit. Well, I will have better answers about 3 weeks later for another follow-up with my onc as well as echo.

Many, MANY thanks to your encouragements & prayers, you have no idea how they made a difference in my dealing with this double whammy. Thanks again.

You all are in my thoughts / prayers. Hugs ~ JO.