View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #6
Chnstine

Jerri,

If you have nconfigence with your Onc. and you and yoir husband are keeping up with yoir Dr and your progress you may just want to go for a 2nd opinion . I don't recall your cancer profile, and would like to get to know what you are taking for you metastatic condition. There is no evidence to indicate alternatives are better, and in fact as you already know many have progressed unnecessarily by going off traditional meds thinking there is a panacia in another country. It is my opinion that you can get other opinions on the various new chemos such as Navalbine, Carboplatin and others called Cytostatic drugs like Avastin , Herceptin that have less toxic side effects. I cannot comment about the TX you have already been on , but would like to know for a better look at your overall disease and TX. Please e-mail me your profile with age, dates, er/pr status, Her2, and all the chemo you've had and an update. There is also a new chemo called Lapatinib that is indicated for women who are progressing with diease. There are many options, but to be sure I would go for another opinion with your present records and seek out more information also here on our message board. There may be more answers to your questions.
Alternative medicine in both Mexico, and Germany is not a place to go if you want to survive. Herceptin with another chemo is your best protocol. Be positive about your decisions and go for it. Please reply ,so I can follow you.
Hugs, and well wishes Christine