View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 05:35 AM   #4
Carlye

Hi Anita,
First of all I want to tell you that you have come to the right place for support. These ladies and gentlemen are wonderful and so knowlegable. I am fairly new here as well and this site is so informing and the ppl are so caring. I was dxed in sept 2001 with stage 2a er/pr pos and her2+++ as well. I did 6 rounds of AC, rads then 6 rounds of Taxol. I did not get herceptin at the time but my doctor has now agreed that he would give it to me off protocol. He doesnt really believe I need it now since I had pretty aggressive chemo but he said if it would make me feel better he would. I don't know maybe if you really like your onco and are persistant he may change his mind. I am also from Kansas but I did all my reconstructive work in Baltimore at Mercy Hospital with Dr. Bernard Chang. He came from John Hopkins. I also know there is a new Women's health building where his office is and a breast center where I know he strongly reccomends the onco there. You might try there because its very close to you. Dr. Chang and I have discussed alot about my her2 status and he said the oncos there he feels are very aggressive. If you were to call his office I am sure they would help you. He specializes with women with BC and works with many of the doctors. Also the feelings you are going through are very normal. Eventually your bad days will get less and less and the good ones will prevail. I am 21/2 years out and though I think it about it every day it does not rule my life anymore. I just want to make sure I am proactive because knowlege is your number one power!! If you have any questions you can email me anytime and I would to talk you more. Keep your head up and know we are all here to help you anytime!! Big hugs to you!!