View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 09:44 AM   #5
Jean

It is normal to be depressed at the beginning. I had this when I was dx in 1998.it was so scary and I could not help to cry all the time. but after a while I realized it was just a chronic desease you have to deal with it. You still can have a normal life! There are so many new drugs available which will make it manageble. My experience was I never discussed it with my friends, my collegue, since cancer in people's mind is a deadly desease, you do not have to explain to them all the time. The less you talked about it the better. It will give some time to get used to it and over youself and not let it bother youself anymore. Once you recoveried from the surgery, you will feel much better, then you will be able to resume your normal life. This site is a great site you can release your feeling since people here know how you feel and also can provide you a lot of useful information which can help you in making the decision. Do not burden youself into worries about reccurrence, instead try your best to prevent that happen. Why not thinking you might be in that 70% not having reccurence at all! Plus you have no nude involved. You should be ok. I always thinking this way, if something bothers me, do something about it to get rid of it. If I did every posible thing I could, but still not working, forget about it! Life is still going on. Leave it to tomorrow when I have a way to handle it! We are unlucky to have BC, but we are lucky that it is much better treatment now than ever that this is just a chronic desease!!! Hope this will help you feel a little better.