View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 01:22 AM   #13
donocco

Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

VDC

Im a pharmacist. Im really (mentally) more of a pharmacologist but I got married after graduating USC Pharmacy School and started working at thriftys
My wife had a six year old boy from another marriage so I gave up getting a PHD in Pharmacology. So I started full time work as a pharmacist. I still work partime as a pharmacist.

In 1978 I started working as a pharmacist at Sloan Kettering Memorial. What I saw there was burned on my brain. I lasted a year then enlisted in the Public Health Service.

I developed a fear/fascination with cancer and kept reading up on the subject. When I saw so little progress in so many years I started to get interested in the alternative things like berberine, cimetidine, pycnegenol etc. Certainly I see the value of chemo and Herceptin. About 75% of childrens cancers are curable with chemo despite the rigors of the treatment.
Id be the first to tell a woman whose child is being treated to avoid alternative things because of the possibility of anti-oxidants (supposedly) interfering with chemo etc. With adult cancers, chemo seems far less effective and to me it is worth the risk to add on alternative methods. It really blows my mind to see so little progress in so many years with so much publicity and so much research and money involved.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote