View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #8
VDC

Re: Resveratrol--interpret this article?

Quote: "I dont know if you are taking Pycnegenol but in one experiment they treated osteoarthritis with I think 100mg Pycnegenol a day. The C reactive Protein, the important marker of inflammation dropped from 3.9 (mg/Liter?) to 1.1/ Inflammation is very important in the initiation and progression of cancer. Cancer has been described as "a wound that wont heal" and this implies inflammation is an intricate part of the equasion"

I had never heard of Pycnegenol until you mentioned it! I've heard of the inflamation/cancer possible connection and personally believe it to be true. But I haven't been able to find any natural ways to reduce inflamation. This sounds intriguing to me and I will have to research it and perhaps add it to my "cocktail."

I HAVE inflammation. Chronic inflammation caused by a surgery seven years ago. I have been in and out of physical therapy, take a muscle relaxant etc all in attempts to reduce the chronic inflammation in my abdominal muscles. Even if I did not have cancer, I would be open to ways to reduce the inflammation (and corresponding pain) associated with these core muscles.

A HUGE thank you for this information. It may be very beneficial not only to my cancer, but to my chronic pain caused by chronic inflammation.

I wonder if there is a connection between chronic inflammation and the particular variety of cancer that develops? Perhaps ER-, PR-? Just wondering. I will have to do some research to see if there appears to be any connection......definitely food for thought!
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote