View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #19
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: KNOWINGS, Expectations and Assumptions

ALL ACTIONS AND EXPERIENCES LEAVE THEIR MARK IN THE SUBCONSCIUS AND UNCONSCIOUS MIND.

THE RESIDUAL EFFECTS ARE POTENT!

THOUGHT WAVES ARE IN THE MIND-OCEAN. THESE IMPRESSIONS SINK FAR BELOW THE THRESHOLD OF NORMAL CONSCIOUSNESS. THEY KIND OF LURK. WAITING RE-AWAKENING AT ANYTHING VAGUELY RESEMBLING SOMETHING SIMILAR TO YOUR NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE REACTION TO A SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES. THEN THEY RISE AND PRETTY MUCH EXPLODE WITHOUT WARNING. OUT OF NOWHERE.

WE IMMEDIATELY RESPOND WITH SOMETHING AKIN TO OUR ORIGINAL REACTION. IT ALL BECAME A SUBLIMINAL THOUGHT/FEELING AWAITING RECALLING UNEXPECTEDLY.

MANY IMPRESSIONS JUST PASS THROUGH US. BUT SOME GET STUCK. THEY DON'T FLOW. THEY BLOCK US AND LEAVE US FEELING AS AWFUL OR IF WE'RE LUCKY AS ELATED AS WE WERE WHEN THE INITIAL IMPRESSION WAS FELT AND BECAME EMBEDDED IN OUR MINDS.

WE'VE BEEN PROGRAMMED. Impressions form from the Universe through our senses. Even as the mind evolves, we have embedded tendencies and powers.

Eons of wisdom and samskaras lie within us. I know, just pondering that gets you stuck! I digress...

CONSCIOUSLY WE CAN RESET OR REBOOT SAMSKARAS EMBEDDED IN OUR SUBCONSCIOUS, JUST SITTING THERE IN OUR CEREBELLUS OR HINDBRAIN. (I like the visual that comes with that...)

A STOREHOUSE OF SAMSKARAS LIVE IN THESE LAYERS OF OUR MIND. OUR PAST IS PRESERVED IN THE MINUTEST DETAIL -- FOREVER...

WE CONTINUOUSLY RESPOND AS WE DID WHEN LIKE EXPERIENCES OCCUR, even 10 or 20 years later, unless we become AWARE.

we can consciously choose to REBOOT, AS WE BECOME AWARE AND CONSCIOUS OF OUR HABIT OF REACTING EACH TIME A SIMILAR BIG WAVE RUSHES AT US.

HABITS CAN BE BROKEN. ONCE WE ARE AWARE AND CONSCIOUS, WE CAN RESET OUR OLD HABIT IN A NEW WAY. HOW EMPOWERING IS THAT??!!

A samskara is your initial experiencing of an event, what you felt at the very moment the situation occurred, and is stored -- forever -- deep in your mind.
If you don't become Aware, you become imprisoned in the same pain you once experienced.

Similar situations serve as external stimuli, so the thoughts associated with the circumstance causes a samskara. And the samskara causes the thoughts. A seed causes a tree, and the tree causes the seed in turn.

This is beginningless -- yet ends when one attains LIBERATION through conscious Awareness. The residual potency can die away in this manner. Your potential mind awaits your awakening!!

Notice the marvels that take place in the mental factory.

The yogic term samyama, or control over samskaras, imparts direct knowledge of the residual potencies.

Samskaras aid or inhibit one another. Your choice!!!!

THANK YOU JULIE, KDR, CAROL ANN, JOANNE, linzi for your love. Thank you all who PM me and say such beautiful things to me (I save them forever...)...

Just thinking -- each time I get a CT scan, I think/KNOW there's a whole bunch of samskaras that bubble up to the surface, as I remember from 1998 and allll the time since getting those and holding my breath a week before, during and till I hear the results. When I get the results, by phone, I instantly call Paul and I can hear him start breathing again. When I am with him, I see tears of relief well up. I honestly think it's harder on our caregivers/spouses than on us!

Will try to find some SAMYAMAS this coming June, which is practically tomorrow!!

LOVE,
ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote