View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #16
'lizbeth

Re: Being Sad and Vulnerable makes you Brave

Let me know when you're coming out. We should go to the beach by the Del Coronado. It's gorgeous.

Wow, this work stuff is exhausting. At first everything with the computer terminal slid off like teflon, now 3 weeks later it is starting to stick.

I think the toughest part is biting my tongue when a customer picks up a diamond piece that looks more like industrial grade in clarity. I try and steer them to pieces that are I1 & I2 instead.

The fun part is there are cases of enhanced and lab created colored stones - which I haven't worked with before. Very appealing. I bought a London blue topaz ring with a lifetime care plan for under $50.

I fell in love with a blue diamond ring. I would guess the stones come from the Australian Argyle mine which produces so many of the more common brown diamonds - they irradiate them and heat them to create this pretty teal color. The Argyle mine is know for its pink diamonds. Did you see the Pink Star just sold for $83 million? It was mined in Africa. GIA (my former lab) got to grade the Pink Star. I would have loved to have seen it in person.
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote