View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #33
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Tsh low -- what does it mean?

Have contacted my wonderful first endo lady's office and they are forwarding my records to the new endocrinologist today. I see new guy Dec 13...

He will have both previous endo's records to go on. I am so relieved that I dared to try. It's been yrs since fab doc moved (and I feared my files which bad endo lady declined to get -- what would mess up her filing system??? WHO DOESN'T WANT A FULL-ER PICTURE OF A PATIENT'S MED HISTORY!!?? -- I thought maybe my records had gone to the IRON MOUTAIN, which is apparently like a giant black hole rendering everything therein irretrievable).

So, that office still has my records!! And, I was faxed an authorization to forward them and -- it's in the works! Yay!

I used to be so tidy about keeping copies of my records, but I have become disorganized and overwhelmed I suppose. Shame on me.

I did find some notes from great endo lady saying I was hyperthyroid in '07 and she just told me to stick w/the 3,000 B-12 and not up it. She never panicked.

Now that bad endo lady had me take thyroid scan and nodes were noted, I have to follow up yearly (though she was egging me on within mnths to repeat!!!). Recently had new thyroid scan, getting old records, and STABLE. So that's good.

I was warned, btw, that after core needle biopsy (so much a bigger deal than I ever dreamed) they will want to do ev 6 mnth U/S to check. Seriously. My regimen, like YOURS, is ridiculously overcrowded with appointments vs fun stuff... But, I am still alive to complain away, and I have YOU all to commiserate with me. No big deal. Just clutters up my "calendar".

Going this Fri to new gastro guy for IBS out of control since last June's abdominal surgery (BENIGN messentery mass) but did not make my IBS happy.

Geez, Louise...

And, this is no big whoop compared to so many of you! I have a bit of guilt even mentioning...

Love you all,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote