View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #27
rhondalea

Re: Tsh low -- what does it mean?

Re Andi's list of supplements, you should see mine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zn44zelam...6%20Daily.docx

I'm totally with you on your comment about doctors, and I think skepticism about all things is a very handy tool. Now that I don't work (and now that I have my brain back), I have plenty of time to research, so that's what I do. With luck, I may survive both my chosen medical professionals and my own self-medicating.

Kharrazian's method of dealing with antibody issues is to cut out gluten. Bang, zoom, you're fixed. That turned me off, because I'm neither celiac nor gluten-intolerant. I don't have the genes for either, and I don't react to the absence of gluten (except by going mad for the lack of bread--you will pry my French roll out of my cold, dead hands). I will have to look at his brain book for information about acetylcholine and blood sugar, though. Unfortunately, the damage done to my cholingeric receptors by benzyl alcohol was severe enough that I've needed the big guns (Aricept) to fix me. Lecithin helps, but it never would have been enough on its own.

I think the first step for anyone who wants to deal with all their health issues is genotyping. Admittedly, we're not there yet--it's all cutting edge stuff--but it offers a head start in understanding one's triggers and body failures. Of course, it'll be even easier once we reach the $1000 genome (or if the Personal Genome Project gets funding to start testing again), but for now, 1M snps (from 23andMe) is nothing to sneeze at.

Now I really need to get through Andi's list. Some things really niggled at me, but I want to look them up (at Natural Standard) to be sure I've got it right. The problem is that what she's taking has worked really well for her--she's cancer-free, against all predictions, so changing things is probably not a good idea even if it is making her antibodies rage a bit more than they would otherwise. In a choice between raging antibodies and cancer, the choice is not in doubt.
rhondalea is offline   Reply With Quote