View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #26
'lizbeth

Re: Tsh low -- what does it mean?

Rhondalea,

After having cancer and dealing with the medical community I've learned to be skeptical of everything. If anything I had such a blind faith in doctors, but I've gotten hard lessons that there are great doctors and not so good ones. Sometime modern medicine treatments are miraculous, and there are times they should be avoided.

My mom was really into natural medicine. But I didn't personally want to gamble on a natural cure with no research behind it. I tried some of the stuff that had studies behind them, but they didn't slow down the Pagets -yikes.

Worse yet, I think you mentioned Brazil nuts before. But I like them so much I must have not incorporated that information into my little noggin'.

I was looking at AndiBB's list and there is no way I could take what she takes. I'd have serious side effects with the Arginine and the L-Tyrosine.

My next thought is what is a more natural way to deal with the antibody issues? And again I wonder why the iodine levels were not tested. I have read about increased halides and the increase of Hashimoto's and Graves. Were any halide levels tested? It just seems to me that mainstream medicine just monitors a few things (like you said they even omit the antibodies) and just allows the thyroid to deteriorate.

I'm wondering if I should find my own ND and get some things tested.

I was also just reading in Kharrazian's brain book about the connection with blood sugar and acetylcholine. Interesting reading. Have you read his book on the thyroid?
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote