View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
Becky

Re: Someone walk me off the ledge please

My daughter had what we thought was a gluten intolerance (did not test positive for Celiac but certainly there was a gluten problem) and then other stomach issues. Testing galore. We started to eliminate the usual suspects like dairy (if she eats a gallon of ice cream, there is a problem but if its normal its okay). Things like broccoli or gas producing foods - gotta be careful. She has constipation problems since birth. Doesn't tolerate metamucil or Miralax well and is very lazy about it. She is 22 yrs old. Also since birth, she has had humungous tonsils. So I finally forced her to get those tonsils removed because they are literally like two golf balls in her throat. So, on Oct 2 they are removed and she still had adnoids which the doctor said were also abnormally large and those were removed at the same time. So now, the pain etc from that is done and she says, I want to let you know that my stomach hasn't been bothering me at all. Nada. And, yesterday she went to a Chinese restaurant and ordered Lo Mein. I asked her how she felt and she said, Great! Why? And I told her Lo Mein noodles are wheat noodles (gluten) and not rice noodles.

My point, the digestive system starts at the lips and ends at the anus and anything in between can be the problem. Maybe the constantly inflammed and enlarged tonsils caused a total imbalance and for someone who is normally a constipated person, it wrecked havoc. We are hopeful this exaserbated a small problem. So I am glad you are getting everything looked at. Something that seems totally unrelated can be very related. A food allergy that you wouldn't even think (I have a friend who is allergic to poultry and who would think that as it is rare). Everything is connected. They thought it was the appendix until we said, can't be as it was removed long ago in an emergency. It is a hunting game and it could take time but you will find out what is the culprit for you. We are hoping we found ours and it was so unlikely. I would never have thought about it and I think about everything. Hugs to you

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote