View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #17
lkc Gumby

Re: Just need to vent - scared

Hi Cath, You and I were both dxed with stage IIIC BC and the reality is we are at a higher risk then lower stages initially. The paying field does level off with time.

With what occurred with your doc, I think the doctor simply missed the mark when discussing your case with a colleage in front of you. It happens and is regretable, but does not negate his overall care of you.
I remember my first 3 month appt with my unbelieveably talented surgeon who blurted out" wow, who wouda thought?!" meaning he was surprised that I hadn't progressed. I was shocked, but I knew he was the best and now to this day, I joke with him. Doctors are human. It's not what they say it's what they do or don't do that really matters. Having said that I think we all need to feel totally comfortable with our docs, as I think this trust is imperative to us getting well. If you don't trust your doctors judgement or if you fel he is not treating you with respect then its time to change.

Regarding the port. It may not physically bother you, but if you feel it's trapping you from moving on, insist on it's removal. I did and I am happy it was out. After all, in theunlikley case of a recurrence a port placement is simple.
I wish you all the best!

Dxed Stage IIIC May 05, 12 pos nodes
er/pr -neg,Her -pos
LVI
Right partial mast & partial axillary dissection-June14,2005
Right modified mast-no clear margins- June 30, 2005
DD AC x4
Taxotere X4 with Herceptin
Rads x 35( 5 fields )
Left prophylactive mast( atypia & hyperplasia found ),
put on Tamoxifen x 1 yr; D/ced due to endometrial thickening
bilateral recon (saline implants)May 06