View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
tricia keegan

Re: Just need to vent - scared

Cathy I'm sorry you had that experience which would have angered me no end, I had my port out a month after my last herceptin and my Onc only does scans in the event of pain or symptoms as why risk the extra radiation small as it is??
Your Onc is not calling the shots here, you are, it should be a team effort and in your case I'd be looking for a new Onc, insisting my port come out (you pay his bills after all) and refusing these six monthly scans unless there's a good reason for them!
You'll read here many times that Herceptin has changed the whole dire diagnosis for those of us who were fortunate to have it with early stage BC, it sounds like your Onc is living in the past to me, and while of course the risks of recurrance are still there we need to go forward with confidence and live our lives, not be reminded of the risks from the person we trust to keep us safe!!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote