View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
'lizbeth

Re: Just need to vent - scared

Karen,

I love how you would have handled this. You are a fast thinker.

Cathy, that just was such a bad example for the student to learn to treat patients disrespectfully. I am so sorry that you were put through that.

Maybe its time to shop around for a more sensitive and progressive oncologist. After all - you deserve the best caused you've survived cancer treatment! I don't know if you are going to survive that oncologist, he's awful.

I have a funny story. My husband saw another oncologist while ours was deployed. The doctor was trying to impress a cute intern. So he draws a line with his finger and states "With this cancer everything goes along just fine and then Boom! It's all downhill" Down goes the finger.

My husband and I looked at each other with wide eyes. Scared the crap out of us for years. He's still here, lol, must still be on the going along line.

So if your oncologist is that rude, he's probably wrong too. You'll be around and healthy for a long, long time. You'll show him, lol!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote