View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #12
SDCpepper

Re: 3rd TCH treatment...delayed reaction...UGHH!!

Just finished my 9th 3-week cycle of TCH! Took care of 8 lung tumors ranging from 1 to 5 cms from a metastasic salivary duct carcinoma (very similar in behavior to a invasive ductal breast carcinoma).
My tricks were during the Taxotere infusion, fingers in ice bucket and sucking on small ice cubes (it will help protect your taste buds and mouth sores). Drink lots of liquids 2.5 liters including a minimum of 1 liter of water for the following weeks.
Try to eat as much protein as you can, Salmon is high in protein and omega 3'S ... one or two red meat meals per week will help too. Eat your veggies!
Stay away from sugar (empty calories) and salt (will increase water retention).
On the 6 or 7th day after infusion, if you have diarrhea, white bread, banana, rice, apple sauce (stay away from apples and apple juice).
For mouth sores, I used a presciption called Magistral or Magic mouthwash, ask your doctor for a prescription ... at first 4 times a day, after, only at night, helps me sleep.
And very important, walk, jogg, bike, move as much as you can, at least every two days ... it will help you with fatigue. You'll be ppoped at first but feeling much more energized after.
Good luck with the remaining treatments ... only 3 to go! You'll be fine!
SDCpepper is offline   Reply With Quote