View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #23
michka

Re: One year of TDM1. NED!

I thank you all for your nice and so encouraging messages! It is so wonderful to have this group to share the good and the bad things on this journey. I have to thank Joe and Christine once more.

CoolBreeze, I posted my SEs on the TDM1 side effects thread but don't get me wrong: I really risked my life when I refused all other chemo and went for the TDM1 trial because like you, at the time, I just knew my body could not take the old chemos. I suffered so much with many treatments. TDM1 has been difficult the first rounds but NOTHING to do with FEC or Taxol or Navelbine for me. In the beginning I had so many tumors dying at the same time I figure my body was reacting to that. Don't forget that during the time I had to wait to get in the trial, a tumor blocked a bile duct and I had to have a stent put in. So I started the trial with my liver being at the limit and I was in a poor state. For me the worst SEs were nausea (I have worse nausea than many on all chemos) chest pain, dyspnea and fatigue. I also have pain sometimes but I can control it very easily with Tramadol and it only lasts a day or 2. One year later I am still very fatigued and have dyspnea but much less than in the beginning. Since they lowered my dosage the pain in the chest dsiappeared. So YES Coolbreeze. Go try it. I just add for you that Herceptin never worked for me before and that I am ER+.

Nancy L, I cannot tell you exactly when I became NED because the Drs were hesitating with my liver. I had resection and RFA so what they took for tumors was in fact scars. I think it took 4 or 5 months. Sometimes you keep very small scars that you cannot rule out without a Pet/scan or a MRI.
I had and still have pains. It comes towards the second week, can be very strong all over my body but I control it fast with Tramadol and it only lasts one day or 2. What are your last scan results? It seems it can be long for some, almost a year and real fast for others to become NED.

Phil, I am so happy Lorraines's CT is good! I follow her through your posts and it helped me so much to go for TDM1. I am now on a 3.0 dose also. There is a long way to have TDM1 announced here in France. I heard that the lab is trying to get Pertuzumab approved first and that they have not even filed for TDM1 approval! It might be 2 years...

I have a question for all who have been on TDM1 for more than a year: I have control scans every 6 weeks. I feel it is too much. I asked to have them every 12 weeks but after saying yes they said no because they just lowered the dose. Any information could help me.

Love to all. Michka

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+