Thread: Weight Gain
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
KsGal

Re: Weight Gain

Im there with you too. Im 5 foot 3 and ended up weighing 171 after my battle with dexa and whole brain radiation. I had never seen a number like that on my scale in MY LIFE. I had to sit down and cry. Someone at the store asked me when my baby was due. We just never know which side effect we are gonna get from these things, do we?
I totally lost my appetite and really have to struggle to get down anything, and the doctor says it is because my liver enzymes are so elevated. Maybe yours are too?
Right now Im just on Tykerb and Herceptin, and Im back down to about 146 pounds, which is about 10 pounds more than I was when I started this cruddy dance with breast cancer. I still look like a pregnant woman, just a smaller pregnant woman. Shoot, sometimes I even feel happy that I look well enough people would assume Im pregnant rather than having stage IV cancer. ((hugs)) to you.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote