View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #20
BonnieR

Re: No tests scheduled after chemo is finished.

Debbie, you have provided an important service here. I have heard this explanation more than once at various seminars and it has finally sunk in. I understand the logic. I happen to have had various scans during my first 5 years in Cancerland because I had symptoms. Once a brain scan for a pressure that was persistent. In that case a big scare came with the finding of multiple abnormal areas. This required a neurologist who determined that the films had been grossly over read and the changes were normal aging. And I think most of you know what happened when everyone overreacted to my chronic cough resulting in unnecessary lung surgery and a misdiagnosis of cancer. This is one aspect of testing without good cause. Often it results in false positives and goose chases. Things get found that are not things! If I am making sense
After my 5 years of routine follow up and AIs, I was declared "cured" ( a word I am not very comfortable with!) without any scans. Because I had no recurrence.
I don't know if I explained myself well enough but wanted to try contributing to the conversation
Keep the faith everyone

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote