View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
AlaskaAngel

Re: Anyone else feels guilty about their med expense?

Hi yanyan,

When we feel good about our jobs and employer, we tend to feel like we owe them more... But insurance companies especially are the ones who have direct knowledge about the expense of the care that they offer employees, and they know that cost is no less a part of what you are receiving in return for your work than your paycheck is.

The Inside Passage is peacefully beautiful all year around (mostly dark in winter). One can travel it by either cruise ship with all the trimmings and preplanned excursions from the towns along the way, or one can travel it aboard the state ferries on a more casual basis. Both usually offer cabins for overnight travel. I've never done a cruise, but I've enjoyed the ferry rides many times. Sometimes people choose one for the trip up and the other for the trip back, when they can coordinate them, or a quick plane trip one way. We like to take the Canadian ferries too, on the southern end between Alaska and the Lower 48. I don't think any of the Alaskan ferries offer internet service yet, but that in itself allows more time for relaxing and enjoying the sights and "getting truly AWAY from it all". It sounds to me like you have the spirit of adventure to get you on board!

A.A.
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote