View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
IrvineFriend

Re: Dating after cancer

Europa,

I love when people can honestly share the realities of the unspoken side effects of this disease. First, congats on getting a 3rd date. I'm also "dating" and it's had it's up and downs. My then friend offered to my first experience post bi-lateral and it evolved from there. I still do the deed with a bra on. I just don't like the look until I've completed reconstruction. Secondly, I would give it a go "solo" and see where you're at. You have that rabbit so you have all the tools you need to see if you can actually bring some mojo back. Lastly, he may be more interested in YOU, and not your breasts or your labido. But he is a man and may very well want some affection. I personally would see if it's something that you could be intersted in. Hello rabbit!

I personally have not suffered a loss of labido despite being halfway through TCH. I do worry about it. But I'd also whip out the rabbit if I thought it would help.

I'm glad the little lady is willing to be open to a visitor (and came out of hiding!) and more importantly, you seem to like this guy. Maybe because of this you're forced to take things slower and get to know the person much better before doing the deed.

Good luck!!!!!

-Julie

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote