View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
Harpreet

Re: Some advice regarding Herceptin needed

Thanks for the prayers, Denise. Will keep you informed.

Thank you, vballmom. I am thinking that the MUGA will turn out well, but I don't have a previous MUGA scan to compare this one with. All we were asked to do was a 2D Echo which mom got good results from, all three times. The only thing that the last one showed was a decrease from 65% to 55% in the ejection fraction. I am also attributing it to a difference in the laboratory we got it done from. To mention why we didn't use the same laboratory: the last 2D was done last minute on the behest of the Oncologist. She wanted to check if mom was okay to go for her last chem cycle. So we had to do it at another collection centre than the one we normally use.

Thank you Jackie07. Yes, mom does check her diabetes regularly. This has happened before during the evening once, and it happens because of Dexamethasone. The doctor has asked her to alter her insulin intake and she does that - but this episode happened early in the morning when she was sleeping. So we had no knowledge until my sister woke up. Now of course, we both will have to have a nightly vigil to keep a tab on mom.

I am hopeful that the MUGA shows good results and mom can complete with the Herceptin treatment. I don't suppose Herceptin can also be the cause of the fluctuation in the diabetes, besides the heart?
IDC, 3cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+
Surgery: Modified Radical Mastectomy (left breast)
Targeted Therapy: Herceptin (begun 23rd November, 2012)
Chemotherapy: Carboplatin, Docetaxel
(begun 23rd November, 2012; ended 5th March, 2013)
Hormonal Therapy:
Femara (2 years), Tamoxifen (3 years)

www.mymoca.wordpress.com
Harpreet is offline   Reply With Quote