View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
mamacze

Re: for Rhonda H--maybe something good can come from something bad...

Here is a bit more information about Nicotinamide from LiveStrong:

Nicotinamide is the active form of niacin; your body can supply itself with nicotinamide by synthesizing amino acids into niacin. Tryptophan, an amino acid essential for life long growth and development, is obtained from protein-containing foods like dairy or poultry. Once you eat foods with tryptophan, your body breaks the amino acid down into a protein that synthesizes niacin. The niacin then converts into nicotinamide for further use in metabolic functions. The conversion process cannot happen without adequate intake of niacin or tryptophan containing sources from food or supplements.

Food Sources
Niacin and tryptophan are prominent in animal-based foods. Chicken and turkey at 3 oz. servings supply 5.8 to 7.3 mg of niacin. Beef, salmon and tuna have 3.1 to 11.3 mg in a 3 oz. serving. Plant-based foods also supply niacin in small amounts. Pasta, cereal and nuts yield 2.3 to 7 mg of niacin per serving. Dairy foods including cheese, milk and yogurt have tryptophan, which converts to niacin.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/44...#ixzz2Lw0eYUGi

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote