View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
KsGal

Re: Denise, how is recovery progressing?

Im so glad that you are feeling so much better. Im also glad that you mentioned the information about your brain mets, because I had just started going through the balance issues and stuff this week, and don't see my doctor until next week, so it was reassuring to hear that.
I had to leave my job this past October due to my cancer issues, so I do know how hard that is to go through, even if yours is temporary. I do have to say though, that once you get adjusted to the idea, you may find you really enjoy this time off to spend with your family. It is definitely a hard hit financially...my income basically was cut to less than half. But the quality time I have been able to spend with my kids has definitely balanced everything out. And hey, you are on steroids, you will have that house clean in no time flat! If you still have energy when you are done, you are more than welcome to visit. My house is a disaster! lol
Hope you keep getting better, especially your leg! Lots of prayers and positive energy continue your way.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote