View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
RalphIII

Re: Early Stage Breast Cancer and Herceptin????

Hello kittyqueen,

Yes, my wife's KI-67 was denoted as 50% also.

She had a lumpectomy last Friday and we are scheduled to see the doctor today in going over the final pathology results. Praying it holds to be 1cm or less tumor and lymph node negative. They actually removed two lymph nodes during surgery because they couldn't determine which one was first in line.

How are you doing with your treatment and Herceptin? Does it leave you sick or very weak? My wife is 43 and I'm hoping she copes well with the long term treatment which isn't determined yet. I'm just trying to study up on all of this.

God Bless,
Ralph

P.S. This is her second bout with cancer. 4 years ago she was having abdominal pains that we self diagnosed as gaul bladder issue. It indeed was a gaul bladder issue but they discovered a cancerous tumor growing off her kidney when they performed the ultrasound. It was 7mm but early stage 1b and fully contained. They were able to save virtually all of her kidney and she didn't have to take treatments. The doctor said it was the type that would have gone undetected, so the gaul bladder issue was a true Blessing...
RalphIII is offline   Reply With Quote