View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #111
Rolepaul

Re: Intrathecal (IT) Herceptin (Trastuzumab) for brain mets (Leptomeningeal Metastase

We agree with Mario. The people that are getting treated now owe their lives to Courtney, a woman in Germany, a UCLA patient who is four years into good health, to a woman in Japan, to two women in Eastern Europe, and to those that have gone to Chicago and Sloan Kettering. The cases are out there, and some of them are very scary. There is no way to know the fear that they had. There is also no way to thank them for overcoming that fear and taking the risk. We firmly believe that Nina is alive because I could access their information and make some judgement calls. We cannot thank MD Anderson enough for allowing the treatment to occur. We cannot thank Anthem BCBS enough for the coverage they have given us, and the support to take the stress off our minds in terms of financial impact for the treatment, and we cannot thank Genentech/Roche enough for supporting IT Herceptin treatment development. Lastly, and most importantly, I personally cannot thank enough the members of this forum for their support emotionally as this was a very hard year. For 8 months, Nina and I would get together every other weekend, but the times in between were mentally challenging. This forum provided me with something positive to do, a place to put my thoughts, and calm my fears. Keep up the great work for all of those who read and may or may not contribute themselves.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote