View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #22
phil

Re: perjeta with gemzar?

Sounds like pert / gemz is a good plan , ( it will be combined w/ herceptin , ? ) and you can get it going quicker than t dm-1 . hopefully you can add t dm-1 in after ( before ) end of Feb. I would ask your doc about getting t dm-1. Plan ahead w/ him. , overall its stronger than pert. I cannot see it being delayed any longer than Feb, hopefully before. when it is appr, it will very likely focus on late stage iv, and is particularly effective on liver tumors.
KDR had good response w/ pert /t dm-1 together , and i believe she had some ER+ as well as her2 . so you should get two of the latest strong her2 txs over the next few months. don't be discouraged , Lorraine s cancer was ( is ? ) very aggressive. she blew through more tx's in 2010, thats how cancer can be , for ex. she got nothing out of abraxane, her cancer had already overcome taxotere , so another taxane wasnt going to do it. you have to keep surprising it , and gemzar w/ pert will be a surprise . For Lorraine , t dm-1 blew the cancer away . you rdoc may be good , but i dont like stats you are not astatistic. and pert is way too new for stats anyway.
as far as comp use , its a racket , betw. the FDA and co's . pts can' talk w/ fda , docs are not assertive enough , out of thier comfort zone. anyone should try it if they cant get adrug any other way , but that system needs change big-time. you can ask Darlene Gant about it , ( shes on FB ) she had to go viral to get Gen to move . she is doing well w/ just pert/ herc.
Those on Inspire , can read Lorraines latest ltr to editor about your Rights. under advanced bc discussion titled , " T DM-1 Activism " , i thought she siad it well, but thenagain, I am a little biased . Never Give Up, Keep The Faith !! No Peeking
phil is offline   Reply With Quote