View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #107
Rolepaul

Re: Intrathecal (IT) Herceptin (Trastuzumab) for brain mets (Leptomeningeal Metastase

Ev,
Keep pushing for Susan. I talked to her on the phone in July and was told that things were going downhill quick. Keep talking to doctors. The dose that seems to be effective is 1.5 mg/kg of body weight (ie 150 mg for 100 kg or 220 pounds in Malta for Carol, 90-100 mg for Nina at 63 kg or 139 pounds), etc. The lower dosage may be why other patients only put the disease into hold. There is good evidence that it works even on lesions that are up to 4 cm below the surface of the brain, although the response time is up to 60 days. Keep on fighting for Susan. I am getting settled in Boulder and have started the new job. With a little more travel away from home, this forum will get my attention a little bit more. Nina is seeing her mother every day as we are staying there until we close on our new house. Last January and February we struggled to get to these levels, but by April things had turned around. Keep kicking them in the shin. If nothing elsee, give me their contact info and I have bigger shoes than you!
From a happy and healthy Nina and Paul the driver
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote