View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
'lizbeth

Re: Cancer and marriage

I think you have a belief in your heart of how your family and friends will be - then reality hits and it is just not so.

My husband was supportive, then angry, supportive, then angry and resentful. It hurt to be going through what I felt could be the end of my life and not have the full love and support of the ones I needed the most showering upon me.

I was hurt, upset, angry, and devastated. I ended up doing almost everything: cooking, cleaning, etc.

Less than 1 week after my axillary node dissection I was in the kitchen cooking a full on Easter dinner. And it is true - if I was able to do that I must be okay, right?

What I have learned from my cancer experience is to ask for help. I was not able to do so at the time. I should have been in counseling with the right person. It would have made a tremendous difference.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote